Saturday, July 4, 2015

Fireworks and Pets (the aliens have arrived)

My big guy was never afraid of anything and little man has proven to not be afraid of storms or the occasional loud boom or pop. That being said the fourth of July was a bit of an eye opener. We happened to be sitting out back on the 3rd of July when someone in the neighborhood to the right set off a round of fireworks. Isaac sprang into action and charged at the fence line barking to tell them to get away he was on duty. All of a sudden someone to the left set off a round and he came flying across the yard to tell them off. Within minutes both sides were shooting off loud, whizzing and popping fireworks. Isaac stopped in the middle of the yard and looked around frantically and then back at me. I tried to tell him it was okay but he took off past me and into the house. I do believe he thought aliens had arrived and were invading. When I finally got up the stairs after him I found him in what I will assume was in his mind his fortified defensive position. When he realized he was surrounded, he like any good warfare strategist performed a tactical fallback.


It took a bit of coaxing to leave his position but he finally came around to the idea that curling up in bed with mom was a safe place to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment